Store Manager required for SPAR Milltown, part of Norman Foley Stores Group, to join their fantastic team.
The ideal candidate must have minimum 2 years experience in Convenience Retail management. Excellent opportunity in newly refurbished store.
Ensure delivery of store targets (sales, wages, gross margin and profitability) through the effective management of store operations and employees.
- The recruitment, training and development of all employees for store operations.
- Rostering and general management of employees to ensure adequate cover within budgetary provisions.
- Accurate payment of wages in accordance with JLC agreements and Payment of Wages legislation.
- Plan, organise and set goals for the store to ensure consistent customer service and competitiveness.
- Manage the performance of the team utilising effective performance management techniques in line with legislation.
- Continually communicate with Assistant Store Manager and Retail Sales Team on objectives and store performance.
- Setting goals for the store to ensure effective customer service and competitiveness.
- Setting budgets, in conjunction with senior management, for the store
- Using initiative to ensure actual sales reach/exceed budgets
- Ensure overheads are controlled and minimised where appropriate
- Strong understanding of stocktakes, management of live stocks and fresh food margin analyses
- Ensure store margins are managed appropriately and profitability of store is maximised
- Ensure operation runs efficiently and smoothly
- Ensure store standards are consistently improved in terms of housekeeping, merchandising, presentation and service
- Plan for market changes and demands as they arise
- Ensure in-store promotions are managed appropriately
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented and managed within the store
- Manage cash handling in line with company cash handling procedures and take action on any discrepancies that arise
- Manage store merchandising ensuring appropriate “value” image is portrayed in line with company procedures
- Accountable for ensuring consistently high levels of customer service
- To ensure all customer complaints are dealt as appropriate manner and to take necessary action in implementing store improvements following customer complaints
- Ensure effective stock control procedures and systems are in place to minimise stock loss
- Preparation for and management of stock take
- Ensure effective food management and waste systems are implemented, managed and updated appropriately
- Identify areas of stock leakage and ensure effective systems are in place to minimise stock loss (e.g. through pilferage, wastage, damages)
- Ensure effective stock rotation and stock monitoring systems are in place and adhered to
LEGISLATION & SECURITY
- Take full care of Health and Safety of all employees and customers in store and ensure any risks are minimised, or where possible, eliminated
- Ensure security of store and employees is maintained at all times and take action as required
- Ensure secure store opening and closing procedures
- Ensure store operates within relevant legislation in terms of employment, health and safety law, HACCP and consumer regulations
- Ensure you are up to date on all aspects of Health & Safety legislation, HACCP, Labour Law and Consumer Legislation and take relevant actions that may arise out of changes in same
- Meet targets as agreed
- To undertake other additional duties as may be assigned by the Store Owner
The ideal candidate will possess many of the below attributes:
- Proven ability in managing retail sales team including the following:
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving
- Managing performance
- Excellent operational knowledge of retail environment
- Excellent interpersonal relations
- Excellent understanding of consumer needs
- Proven track record in achieving agreed targets
- Financial skills with previous experience of budgets and profit and loss accounts
- Working knowledge of employment, health & safety regulations, HACCP, and consumer legislation
- An excellent commercial acumen with the ability to anticipate and react to market changes
- Committed to continually improving standards
- The ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Computer skills
- Use of initiative to adapt to changing environments in order to make targets
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Strong market salary (€32-000 - €35,000 based on experience)
- Bonus (€5,000 per annum, made up of 4 x €1,000 per quarter, €1,000 for achievement of SPAR 365)
- Company Pension contribution