Chip Shop Manager
Colm O'Reillys SPAR Group requires a full time Chip Shop Floor Manager to join their team in location at Glanmire, E Cliff Rd, Ballinglanna, Co. Cork.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CARE
- Ensure exceptional customer experience, supporting our vision to deliver good food, good service and good value
- Deal with customer complaints and liaising with third parties as may be required
OPERATIONAL AND STORE PRESENTATION
- Train, coach and direct staff, upskilling and mentoring them in line with Best Food practices including hygiene, service and packaging.
- To analyse and interpret stocktake results including any corrective action.
- Vendor selection and management in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Ensure routine maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and appetising food environment implementing best practice merchandising.
- Promote and drive new recipes providing our customers with regular new taste offers.
- Co-ordinate and manage fresh food promotions and communicate same to the fresh food teams.
- Assist the Store Manager in the recruitment of high calibre fresh food sales team and the effective management of same.
- Maximising sales, profitability and participation of the fresh food department.
- Ensuring overheads are controlled and minimised where appropriate.
- Minimise stock loss through portion control, wastage, damages and pilferage.
- Conduct internal audits and follow up to resolve any non-compliance issues.
- Execute all fresh food programmes in compliance with EHO and HACCP requirements.
- Liaise with statutory bodies if necessary, to ensure premises and work practices comply with current food legislation.
- Ensure all staff are trained in line with current Food Safety and HACCP guidelines.
- Fresh food/deli management experience essential
- Passion for fresh food
- Fresh food experience
- Excellent fresh food knowledge
- The ability to lead, manage and develop others into a state of self-sufficiency
- Possess excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to identify and maximise sales opportunities across fresh food departments
- Strong knowledge and qualifications of food safety and HACCP best practices
- Excellent knowledge of marketing and understanding customers’ needs and expectations for the ‘wow’ in store experience
- Self-starter with a hand on approach and passion for fresh food
- Provides clear direction and authority
- Excellent people skills and experience working with the public in a busy environment